Last year I bought a pretty, glittery leaf garland. I had no time to really do anything with it so I wrapped into a half-hearted wreath and hung that on our door. Needless to say this was not ideal. It hung a little wonky and covered up too much. I finally have the time, thank you intersession!, to work on all things arty and have finally come up with a solution. I bought a wreath frame made from compressed wood (the name is seriously dodging me right now) to serve as a base.
1. Cut off all of the leaves from the garland.
2. Warmed up the trusty glue gun.
3. By alternating and rotating the leaves for good coverage glue them in the same moving direction on the base.
4. Clear off the glue strings. It’s just unsightly!
5. Choose you favorite ribbon and affix in any manner of your choosing to the back. (I created a wire loop that runs through the wreath base and threaded my ribbon through the wire. This allows it to hide in the back without taking much away from the glittery goodness!)
Pictures for you….